PrintDry Filament Drier Pro
The PrintDry filament dryer is based on the following basic parameters of drying.
- Drying Temperature: As the temperature is increased, the molecules inside a filament move more vigorously and this weakens/breaks the moisture/polymer inter-molecular bonds. In addition, heat also causes the air to expand, reducing the concentration of water molecules in it, making the air inside the dryer more able to absorb moisture. The water molecules can travel more freely through the filament at higher temperature. Generally speaking, the higher the drying temperature, the more quickly and thoroughly the filament will dry. However, if the drying temperature is too high, thermal degradation and/or oxidation may occur. Different filaments need different drying temperatures.
- Moisture concentration differential: This refers to the amount of moisture in the filament versus that in the air surrounding the filament. Surrounding a moist filament with dry (low dew point) air, will encourage water molecules inside a filament to migrate more readily to the surface and eventually being carried away by air.
- Drying Time: Filaments do not dry instantly. First, it takes time for the heat to penetrate/distribute throughout the filament interior, especially those deeply buried in the spool. Second, it takes time for the newly freed water molecules to defuse to the surface of the filament.
- Air Flow: Airflow carries heat to the filament and also carries water molecules away.
Outside Dimension: 340mm (L) x 285mm (W) x 350mm (H)
- Digital Display
- Easily adjust the temperature with 5 presets (35ºC, 45ºC, 55ºC, 65ºC, and 75ºC).
- Built-in timer with a maximum time of 48 hours.
- Selectable drying temperature for different filaments
- Auto-Shut-off Drying Time
- Two filament spools (up to 200mm)
- 2 metal shafts
- 4 big spool adapters
- 4 small spool adapters
- Large Spool compatible
- Product Safe