ProtoPasta Bronze Filled Metal Composite PLA - 500g
Introducing ProtoPasta Bronze-Filled Metal Composite HTPLA. Using real bronze powder, ProtoPasta have created a premium heat treatable metal PLA filament for 3D prints that finish just like real metal! This bronze composite filament is as versatile as it is beautiful, printing like plastic, but finishing like real metal for beautiful, durable parts from most standard 3D printers.
Whether you want your prints to be polished with the same bright mirror finish of shiny bronze coins or a naturally rustic finish with an acquired patina reminiscent of an aged bronze sculpture, the possibilities are endless with this specialty metal PLA filament. With so many finishing options, the sky is the limit!
- Speed: 10-20 mm/s 1st layer, 20-80 mm/s rest of part
- Nozzle Set-point: 185-215C (hottest on 1st layer for best adhesion)
- Nozzle Actual: maintain set-point, reduce speed if less than
- Nozzle Type: Standard or wear resistant for extended use
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.6mm or larger preferred, 0.4mm okay with 0.25mm minimum for experts
- Layer thickness: 0.15-0.20mm recommended for a balance of quality, reliability, and productivity
- Bed Temperature: Room-60C (over 60C can worsen warp)
- Bed Preparation: Elmers purple disappearing glue stick or your other favorite PLA surface preparation